Friday, March 30, 2012

Closing out Peru 552 Questions

What did you learn from using Twitter? Think about the content that you gained from those you followed as well as what you learned about Twitter itself.

I have had a great time getting to know twitter better over the past month. I think it is amazing how you can instantly pick peoples brains and collaborate on things that you can instantly apply to your classroom. Twitter is an amazing tool for this. I have gained a better understanding of hash tagging, replying, and retweeting. I also really enjoyed participating in edchat. It moved a little fast for me, so I will have to practice keeping up and picking out things I find interesting to comment on and retweet.

Who was the most interesting person or persons that you followed? Why? Be specific and provide examples.

@EdVoices is one group I have really enjoyed following throughout the past month. I like them because they kind of "keep on eye" on blogs that have to do with educational reform. I was able to find several blogs through them that I may not have been able to stumble across on my own. For example, they recently posted a blog about high stakes testing vs. high quality education. http://bigthink.com/ideas/42089 which can be read there. I really enjoying being able to search through their posts and pick out blog topics I find to be interesting.

Do you think you’ll continue to use Twitter personally, professionally and/or both after this assignment is complete? Why or why not?
I will absolutely continue to follow twitter for professional use after this course. I love being able to pop on and see what other people in education are doing. If i want to share a great idea I have in my classroom, I can do that instantly to millions of people. I have never really used twitter to share things about my personal life, I don't see myself really starting this up. It's not that I am against it, and I definitely have shared some personal things. I like the idea of keeping it professional for the most part though.

1 comment:

  1. GREAT post, Nathan! I am excited for you to continue with Twitter long after class is over! This is the tool that connects you to the educators everywhere! Continue participating in the chats and growing your network! Add #tt4t and keep up with the BPS Tweeps too!!!

    ReplyDelete